SMS messages may be a one-time, standalone text message (i.e. an emergency alert), or they may be added as one part of a multi-text campaign (i.e. one in a series of promotional messages scheduled as part of a greater campaign).
1. Navigate to your account dashboard by clicking the ezTask logo in the top left-hand corner.
2. Click the “New Project” dropdown menu and choose “SMS”.
3. Enter a Project Name (such as “Course Closure – DDMMYY”) and click “Next”.
4. Compose your message, keeping an eye on length (it is usually best to keep messages to one text message); add Merge Tags (personalization info merged from the contact list you will select next). Optional: click “Preview” to view your SMS message with and without merge field personalization.
5. To receive replies sent to your SMS message, toggle the “Forward Replies to Email” button and enter an email address of your choosing.
6. When finished composing your message, click “Next”. Choose a recipient list by clicking the checkbox next to the existing contact list(s). Alternatively, you may choose to upload a new list (for example, maybe you collected sign up’s by hand at an event instead of online through your web form – in this case, you could upload a spreadsheet containing that manually-entered data).
7. Enter a date/time to send (or choose to “Send Now”). When finished, click “Next”.
8. When finished, click “Complete Project” to schedule, or “Save” to come back later and continue editing.
9. In the modal window that appears, you may provide feedback about your experience creating a campaign, or simply close the window.